2020 Testing Updates
Advanced Placement Updates
Updates as of 5/1/2020
College Board has just released an updated 2020 AP Testing Guide. Please review and share with staff and students as needed.
Here are a few highlights:
Testing with Accommodations:
The makeup testing request form is ONLY for students who test in May, encounter issues, and need another opportunity to test.
[Note: Students that already have known conflicts with the May dates can test in June simply by not using their May e-ticket – they will automatically be issued a June e-ticket.]
Requesting a Makeup Exam:
. • If you have any issue on exam day that prevents you from testing successfully, you’ll be directed to an online AP Makeup Testing Request Form where you can describe what happened and request an e-ticket for a June makeup exam.
• You can also access the form at cb.org/requestmakeup
• You must have your original e-ticket when filling out the form
. • Submit the form within 48 hours of your original exam date.
• We will review your form and send you an email approving or denying the request the week of May 25. If approved, your makeup e-ticket will be sent two days before the makeup test.
• Do not call AP Services; the pandemic has closed call centers and you will simply hear a message directing you to fill out the form and await the approval email.
• Rest assured that you will receive approval for any of the following types of issues you encounter, or similar ones: sickness; significant interruptions from family members; battery failures; power outages; technical disruptions. Note: simply running out of time to submit a response on exam day is not a valid reason to request makeup testing.
Students please read the following resources to prepare for test day:
2020 AP Testing Guide (attached below and to the right)
2020 AP Exam Day Checklist (attached below and to the right)
2020 AP Explainer Videos - playlist
Please be sure you communicate any questions you have to your AP teacher as you prepare for the test. We are all here to make sure you are prepared with what you need to successfully take your AP exam.
SAT Testing – cancelled through the summer.
If it’s safe from a public health standpoint, CollegeBoard will provide weekend SAT administrations every month through the end of the calendar year, beginning in August. This includes a new administration in September and the previously scheduled tests on August 29, October 3, November 7, and December 5.
Students can register for these administrations starting in May. CollegeBoard will contact students directly when we have the exact date.
Students can get early access to register for August, September, and October if they’re:
SAT fee waiver codes will be made available in the download center of the College Board K–12 reporting portal for use starting with the September 26 SAT administration. Fee waiver cards won't be mailed to schools.
ACT Testing – April 4 test rescheduled for June 13th.
· All students registered for the April 4 test date will receive an email from ACT informing them of the postponement and instructions for free rescheduling to June 13. Students who can’t or don’t wish to reschedule may receive a refund of their April registration fee.
The California Department of Education (CDE) is doing the following:
o Suspending all CAASPP testing – preliminary federal approval, open to public comment
o Canceling the California High School Proficiency Examination test administration for the weekend of March 21st. All March test takers have been reregistered for June or provided information on how to request a refund.
o Placing high school equivalency testing on hold until testing centers are reopened